Global Compact Network Kenya is a leadership sustainability initiative that is working to support companies in Kenya to translate their company’s commitment to the UN Global Compact 10 Principles and put the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) into action. The Network brings together close to 1000 signatories to the United Nations Global Compact and the Code of Ethics for Business in Kenya, including a number of Kenya’s large companies, small and medium-sized enterprises and nonprofit organizations to advance corporate sustainability. Participation in the UN Global Compact and membership to the Kenya Network gives companies the opportunity to make a statement about their values and is revolutionizing how companies do business responsibly and keep commitments to society.
Global Compact Network Kenya is hosted at the Kenya Association of Manufacturers (KAM) Head office in Nairobi. The specific terms of reference and person specifications for the position are as follows:
Designation: Global Compact Network Program Manager
Reporting to: Executive Director (ED) – Global Compact Network Kenya
Contract Type: Two years renewable
Location: Global Compact Network Kenya Office hosted at KAM Head Office in Nairobi.
To support execution of the Global Compact Network Kenya programs and initiatives including but not limited to: Project management, fundraising, stakeholder engagement in line with the Network’s strategic plan and work plan.
The objectives of this position will be met through the following key tasks:
- Projects management: Assist in projects design, execution, monitoring and evaluation, budget control and reporting
- Coordination and supervision: Offer coordination and guide other Network staff to ensure delivery of work plans per schedule
- Monitoring and evaluation: Coordinate the development of a tool for use to track and monitor progress of Global Compact Programs including the development of performance indicators and targets.
- Global Impact Initiatives: Lead the successful implementation of three Global Impact Initiatives: Target Gender Equality, SDG Innovators and SDG Pioneers
- Fundraising: Support the ED in the planning and execution of the Network’s resource mobilization strategy. This will include donor scoping and proposal development; donor management, overseeing membership subscription collection and overall fundraising efforts
- Technical support: Provide advisory and capacity building support to UN Global Compact member companies on sustainability integration as guided by the Ten Principles of the UN Global Compact and the SDGs. This will include technical workshop facilitation and in-house company support
- Membership Management: Oversee effective membership administration in close liaison with the Participant Engagement Manager by activating thematic Working Groups on the UN Global Compact Ten Principles
- Stakeholder management: Establish and maintain partnerships with key stakeholders including but not limited to: UN Global Compact Local Networks, UN Global Compact Office, Government, UN agencies, Civil Society, and Donors
- Reporting and communication: Ensure timely and quality reports on achievements are prepared and effectively disseminated. This includes coordinating the preparation of effective reports for the Executive Director’s use and for the Board
- Brand Management: Support the management of the UN Global Compact and Global Compact Kenya Brand while mitigating any reputational risks arising from misuse or misrepresentation
- Representation: When required represent the ED and the Network in partner meetings, workshops and conferences to advance the UN Global Compact agenda
- Any other tasks as may be delegated by the Executive Director
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Studies/ International relations/ Social Sciences/ Development studies/ Corporate / Social Sustainability or related fields. A Masters Degree is an added advantage
- Strong understanding of the Corporate Sustainability Agenda. Understanding of the UN Global Compact and its 10 Principles is an added advantage
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in Program or Project Management- relevance to Corporate Sustainability integration and disclosure is preferable
- Strong written and oral communication, presentation and interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse teams across geographies
- Proficient in training and providing technical assistance on sustainability integration to corporate organizations
- Experience with team management, mentoring and development skills
- Ability to establish and maintain strong collaborative partnerships/relationships with diverse stakeholder groups
- Delivers to clear goals within strategies, identifies priority activities, tracks progress and adjusts priorities as required
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
UN Global Compact Values: Integrity; Respect for Diversity; Professionalism.
How to Apply:
Qualifying and interested candidates should complete the online application form on KAM or Global Compact Network Kenya websites and submit their Cover letter and CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the word “Global Compact Kenya Program Manager on the subject line of the email to reach us not later than Monday, March 22, 2021 Close of Business.
Complete online application form
Click here to read more.