Vacancy Announcement: Communications and Marketing Manager
Global Compact Network Kenya is a leadership sustainability initiative that is working to support companies in Kenya to translate their company’s commitment to the UN Global Compact Ten Principles and put the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) into action. The Network brings together close to 300 signatories to the United Nations Global Compact and 1000 others to the Code of Ethics for Business in Kenya, including a number of Kenya’s large companies, small and medium-sized enterprises, and nonprofit organizations to advance corporate sustainability. Participation in the UN Global Compact and membership to the Kenya Network gives companies the opportunity to make a statement about their values and is revolutionizing how companies do business responsibly and keep commitments to society.
Global Compact Network Kenya is hosted at the Kenya Association of Manufacturers (KAM) Head office in Nairobi. The specific terms of reference and person specifications for the position are as follows:
Designation: Global Compact Network Communications and Marketing Manager
Reporting to: Executive Director – Global Compact Network Kenya
Contract Type: Two years renewable
Location: Global Compact Network Kenya Office hosted at KAM Head Office in Nairobi.
To effectively communicate the mission and work of the Global Compact Network Kenya to its key constituencies, contributing to building its brand and reputation as the premier Corporate Sustainability Initiative. The Manager will be responsible for developing and delivering impactful, distinctive, consistent content which communicates the Global Compact Network Kenya brand and value proposition through relevant channels.
The objectives of this position will be met through the following key tasks:
Communication and marketing strategy:
- Lead the development of the Network’s communications & marketing strategies, plans & protocols to enhance its brand profile & reputation across its constituencies
- Provide leadership, expertise and reporting in all areas of communications (internal and external) for, and in collaboration with, management and all departments.
- Cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences, including the media and key influencers.
- Serve as a spokesperson and lead point person on media interactions.
- Support the management of the UN Global Compact and Global Compact Kenya Brand while mitigating any reputational risks arising from the promotion of activities
- Oversee the Network’s marketing strategies, including localization of global campaigns for the local audience
- Develop and execute a variety of marketing tactics including webinar coordination, email marketing, social media, thought leadership, digital advertising, and events
- Actively engage, cultivate and manage press relationships to ensure coverage of Network’s priorities, special events, and other activities preparing the required PR collaterals from advisories, press releases and opinion pieces
- In collaboration with the programme & participant engagement team, develop tailored marketing materials for dissemination to targeted audiences
- Lead on content development, ranging from social media assets to email newsletters and case studies
- Leverage analytics and metrics in planning and evaluating the effectiveness of marketing and communications campaigns
- Manage campaign timelines, schedules, and communications to key stakeholders
- Develop and implement communications strategies to enhance the Network’s reputation as the leading voice in corporate sustainability ensuring tone of voice as well as the look and feel follow UN Global Compact brand and guidelines
- Write content, quotes, speeches, talking points and other briefing notes for the Executive Director and Global Compact Network team
- Draft, edit and proofread a wide range of communications materials including workshop reports, minutes, proposals, case studies, presentations among others
- Oversee the design and timely publication of the Network’s Annual Report and other key publications
- Manage and update all social media accounts and the Network website
- Seek new ways and channels to reach our audiences, learning from best practices and real-world impact
- Coordinate with global teams to gather impact stories which illustrate how companies in Kenya are driving sustainability.
Any other tasks as may be delegated by the Executive Director
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills in English
- Editorial judgment and storytelling ability
- A sensitivity and appreciation for different languages and cultures
- Ability to write for a business audience
Monitoring and Reporting
- Expert in monitoring impact and developing communications performance reports on media, social media, website, emails etc.
Other Technical Skills desired
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word especially for formatting documents and/or creating templates that align with UN Global Compact brand
- Knowledgeable of marketing tools such as Salesforce/Pardot
- Design or multimedia skills using various software and applications such Canva, Adobe among others
- Photography and video editing
- Bachelor’s degree in either Communications, Marketing or Public Relations is preferred, or a comparable degree from a recognized university.
- Minimum of 5 years management experience in Marketing, Communications or Public Relations with demonstrated success, preferably in the not-for-profit/ sustainability sector/ business association
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building and nurturing relationships with key stakeholders
- Proficient in creative writing and editing experience
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing comprehensive strategic communication, media relations, and marketing programs
- Creative and thoughtful on use of new media technologies
- Extensive experience in planning, writing, editing, and production of newsletters, press releases, annual reports, and other marketing/ communication materials
- Articulate and persuasive communicator, written and oral
- Knowledge of global, regional, and local media landscape
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural setting independently and in teams in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong articulation and presentation skills
UN Global Compact Values: Integrity; Respect for Diversity; Professionalism.
How to Apply:
Qualifying and interested candidates should complete the online application form on KAM or Global Compact Network Kenya websites and submit their Cover letter and CV only to email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the word “Global Compact Kenya Marketing & Communications Manager on the subject line of the email to reach us not later than Friday, March 31, 2023 Close of Business.
Click on Link to apply here