The UN Global Compact is a call to companies to align strategies and operations with universal principles on human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption, and take actions that advance societal goals. Global Compact Network Kenya brings together close to 1000 signatories to the UN Global Compact and the Code of Ethics for Business in Kenya, including a number of Kenya’s leading companies, small and medium-sized enterprises and nonprofit organizations to advance corporate sustainability and the private sector's contribution to sustainable development. Membership to the Kenya Network gives companies the opportunity to make a statement about their values and is revolutionizing how companies do business responsibly and keep commitments to society.
Global Compact Network Kenya is hosted at the Kenya Association of Manufacturers head office Nairobi. The specific terms of reference and person specifications for the position are as follows;
Designation: Participant Engagement Assistant
Reporting to: Participant Engagement Manager – Global Compact Network Kenya
Contract Type: 2 Years
Location: Global Compact Secretariat based at KAM Head Office in Nairobi.
To support the Global Compact Network Kenya initiatives including but not limited to; Membership management, event logistics, communication support, other administrative functions of the Network.
The objectives of this job will be met through the following key tasks:
- Membership recruitment and Management: Drive recruitment lead generation and on-boarding of new participants, offer support to companies in submitting annual Communication on Progress (CoPs) reports and Communication on Engagement (COE) on due dates, dispatching of membership certificates to members in liaison with the front office, follow up members on subscription payments, responding to members inquiries, logo use promotion
- Membership Relationship Building and Management: Build and maintain good relationship with the network membership through timely response to the queries, review and due diligence to new joiners, analysis of membership communication channels, uptake of the programs and prepare sector sustainability profiles.
- Events management: Assist in preparation, marketing and management of network forums, trainings, workshops, meetings. In liaison with the Participant Engagement Manager, support in preparing and delivery of presentations to extend the awareness and reach of the UN Global Compact.
- Communication and media support: In liaison with the network support and communication officer, support in updating all of the network’s social media platforms using approved social media assets, conduct media monitoring and analysis, photography, website management, brand management, create media graphics, infographics and other visuals for campaigns, publications and events
- Database management: Update contacts of new members on the database, help participants navigate the UN Global Compact systems efficiently, responding to queries, concerns and requests and help solve problems effectively, ensuring the internal tools tracking members engagements and need for support are up to date including mapping member issues for effective resolution including escalation.
- Research: Support in research, analysis and report writing, this will include participant due diligence before on-boarding, gathering participant feedback and provide insights to the Network team to help direct strategy and plans to better meet participant needs
- Use and Shape tools to improve participant engagement team efficiency and company satisfaction, including the UN Global Compact database, CRM Software-(Salesforce), tracking and reporting system
- Global Impact Initiatives support marketing and promotion of all Global Impact Initiatives by disseminating the value proposition, assist in planning and organizing all events, support in developing an impact report for all GIIs
- Any other tasks as may be delegated by the Participant Engagement Manager and Executive Director
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences/ PR and communication/ business studies/ Sustainability/Environmental sciences and studies
- Minimum 1 year experience either in corporate sustainability/ membership management/ project management/ corporate communication with a reputable organization;
- Proven competence in relationship building, events management and organization skills;
- Records keeping and agile administration skills;
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Strong written and oral communication ,mobilization skills and attention to details
- Sensitive to cultural differences;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
UN Global Compact Values: Integrity; Respect for Diversity; Professionalism.
How to Apply:
Qualifying and interested candidates should complete the online application form on KAM or Global Compact Network Kenya websites and submit their Cover letter and CV only to email@example.com indicating the word “Global Compact Kenya Participant Engagement Assistant on the subject line of the email to reach us not later than Wednesday, March 24, 2021 Close of Business.
Complete online application form
Click here to read more